Thursday, June 25, 2009

Why Doesn't Karma Work Once and Awhile?

People are always talking about karma, but I hate to say, I'm not so sure it works. 

We tell ourselves good things happen to good people, bad things happen to bad people. When someone does something horrible we automatically respond with, "They'll feel sorry sooner or later. Karma will catch them." But come on, does it really? And will they ever really feel sorry? They wouldn't have done the terrible thing in the first place if they were concerned about consequences or feelings. I've seen them- they laugh it off like a joke. It's like a star on their shoulder for another person duped. And everyday people go on doing hurtful things and escape without a bruise or a ting in their heart. Does it somehow get back to them? I'm not seeing it. And if so, shouldn't those who were hurt get proof of that? Wouldn't that complete the cycle?

And on the opposite, why do bad things happen to good people? When someone hurts us terribly, the first thing we wonder is, "Why me? What have I done to deserve this?" So we get hurt and question ourselves on top of it. I have never in my life tried to hurt someone or cause someone pain, but somehow I've been getting my share of hits lately. What do I have to do, become a nun? Did I do something in a past life? Can a psychic fix this? Geez. Drop me some good ju-ju once an awhile. Or at least send a lighting bolt to those harmful people in my path dear karma Gods. 

No comments: