Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Things No Twenty Something Should Attend/Do/Use

1. Parties where you’re supposed to buy something and have to sit around and eat things out of crock pots and are lured in by the promise of free wine (Pampered Chef, Tastefully Simple, Purse Parties, etc.) If I want to buy something, I will go to the store and buy it. If I want to drink before, after or during the purchase, I will make the proper arrangements.

2. Crock Pots. They are just wrong, so wrong; I could write the next great American essay paralleling the downfall of society with the rise of crock pots. If you have 6 children, then ok, use one. If you are in a wheel chair, then ok, use one.

3. Showers for your pets. Wedding & baby showers are enough, are you trying to kill me?

(have no worries, this will be an ongoing post, as there are millions to add to this list. Please email me with any recommendations to be added)

2 comments:

beth said...

Me time! I'm sorry, what else is there. I had a friend who had to have 3 nights a week dedicated to "me" time: facials, baths and reading. If your not at work - what else can you call that time.

Shannon said...

Hey! I love my crockpot! It makes vast quantities of gluten free food without me having to hover over it for hours.

Although, I have to wholeheartedly agree with you on the other two. My cousins are constantly hosting those damn parties. Horrible!