Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Real Housewives of New York. Yup. Real.

While preparing for slumber at the all inclusive Days Inn motel in Emporia, Kansas, I stumbled upon the Bravo series "The Real Housewives of New York City". I have heard of this show and have viewed its' sister program "The Real Housewives of Atlanta". The Atlanta version confused me. Do most housewives in Atlanta have aspirations to become recording artists with staggering lack of talent? And host Cavalli fashion parties in their homes?

The New York housewives were even more impressive. In this particular episode they were each shopping for New York Fashion Week ensembles to parade across town. Each woman went to their respective chum chum friend designer and were over complimented and lavished with unique trendsetting fashions. Wow. That's quite different from The Real Housewives of Minneapolis that I know. I get lots of invites to Pampered Chef parties. Sometimes they go outlet shopping or splurge on the 30% off sale at Banana Republic. The title of the series would suggest we as an audience are receiving the nitty gritty on what a New York housewife's life is all about. If this is the standard case, give me a husband and ship me to NYC. And according to the show, my husband can even be a closet gay man. Therefore my numero uno end of the marital bargain would be maintaining an uber stylish persona and lots of gossip.

Thanks Bravo for giving me this inside look at reality...I think I see housewife in my future.

1 comment:

Adei von K said...

yeah, i'll be a fab housewife in a heartbeat.