Monday, July 13, 2009

And Then I Got Puked On (Literally)

Lately I've been a bit unsatisfied with my life assets, and I've publicly disclosed some of those details for ya'll. The dissatisfaction has led to a life portfolio review- scrutinizing the bits and pieces and wondering what to toss, what holds investment value, and what is pure gold. I was starting to feel pretty good about the process.

And then I got puked on.

One of hundreds standing in a crowd of enthusiastic outdoor music attendees, I couldn't help but notice the amateur drinking hour around me. I myself had enjoyed a couple beers, as we living in the unfortunate arctic zone of the USA usually do when we are able to actually enjoy the outdoors, dancing along to some music in a collective crowd while getting lightly drizzled on. The rain didn't bother me, in fact, it probably served me well for the unforeseen event about to occur.

Just as I turned to keep eye on the wild couple beside me (who appeared to be just barely pass legal drinking age) the boy swiveled around and sprayed the contents of his stomach. On me. Before I could even begin to react, he ran like Speedy Gonzales out of there. Lucky boy indeed, as most likely I would have punched him. I, however, was less lucky. I had to wipe puke of my arm. 

I stood there, stunned in the rain. Was this karma? Out of all the people in the crowd, why me?Did I somehow deserve this? I myself have made some selfish decisions as of late. I've done some immature things as of late. I think there are people mad at me. Did I deserve to have immaturity puked all over me?  

Or maybe I am just really unlucky.

No comments: