Monday, August 10, 2009

Thanks Vacation for Making Me Want to Do Nothing

There's something about a vacation that makes you want to do nothing for the rest of your life. Makes you desire even more to be a socialite (this has been a dream of mine ever since I was introduced to Paris Hilton and how massively one can screw up opportunity). Makes you unable to concentrate on work and everyday duties of life like paying bills and laundry. And I didn't even go on a real vacation, in fact, it was more like a retreat. A 4 day retreat in the woods with 40 of my closest non-family members. Complete with herd-like meal feasting. No, I did not go to summer camp. But somehow this non-vacation vacation allowed me to relax more than I've been able to on real vacations. And now, come Monday and work, I can't even think. Aren't vacations supposed to refresh you and energize you to return joyously back to service for pay? Yeah, it doesn't really work that way. Instead I just want more vacation.

No comments: